ISSUE
: “WHY I want to be a lawyer?!?!”
RULE: The purpose of this blog is to encourage discussion. I am totally aware that my opinions usually vacillate between the cynical and the idealistic, and this is my attempt, before I take the bar, to “come clean.” Thus I subject myself to you for debate. Don’t hold back.

HOLDINGS:

Thursday, June 20, 2013

One explanation on love, sexuality, gender, yin and yang, the nature of the universe, and the universal soul

From Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the Shore

According to Aristophanes in Plato's The Banquet, in the ancient world of legend there were three types of people ... In ancient times people weren't simply male or female, but one of three types: male/male, male/female or female/female. In other words each person was made out of the components of two people. Everyone was happy with this arrangement and never really gave it much thought. But then God took a knife and cut everyone in half, right down the middle. So after that the world was divided just into male and female, the upshot being that people spend their time running around around trying to locate their missing other half.

No comments:

Post a Comment