ISSUE
: “WHY I want to be a lawyer?!?!”
RULE: The purpose of this blog is to encourage discussion. I am totally aware that my opinions usually vacillate between the cynical and the idealistic, and this is my attempt, before I take the bar, to “come clean.” Thus I subject myself to you for debate. Don’t hold back.

HOLDINGS:

Monday, June 24, 2013

Some summer reading on race...

Cause now I'm going to document everything I read so I stop spouting off like a crazy lady:

  • Jonathan Franzen's essay, "Correction Unit" in his book How to Be Alone (one of the many depressing articles about the prison system)
  • http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/study-ties-black-white-wealth-gap-to-stubborn-disparities-in-real-estate/2013/02/26/8b4b3f50-8035-11e2-b99e-6baf4ebe42df_story.html?wpmk=MK0000200 
  • Anything by Patricia Hill Collins- she's known for her book Black Feminist Thought (suggestion from friend)
  • Pedagogy of the Oppressed
  • A Theology of Liberation
  • Critical Race Theory
Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment